HOW TO WRITE FOR
HOW TO PITCH
Thank you for your interest in contributing to ReWild Magazine! We’re always on the lookout for stories that inspire journeys and make our world a wilder place.
Pitches should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A working headline.
- A 200-word summary of the story.
- The proposed opening paragraph of your article.
- Incredible photography is a must. Please include 6 low-resolution images.
- The section of the magazine your story fits into (see options below).
- Feel free to include any relevant experience you have, with links to previously published stories if possible
- Submissions must be in English and unpublished elsewhere
It would help if you made yourself familiar with the style, tone and content of Rewild Magazine, and were aware of recent articles to ensure your chosen subject had not been covered yet.
If you are about to embark on an adventure and would like to discuss writing a story for ReWild, please send an email to the address above with as much detail about your trip as you are able to offer. If you are able to include examples of previous work, that always helps.
These are the sections we are currently accepting stories for:
1. REWILD JOURNEYS
Rewild Journeys features long-form stories with spectacular images focused on first-person experiences in wild places. These stories show the value of fully immersing oneself in nature for an extended period of time.
What we’re looking for:
- Writers and photographers who can create original and inspiring articles about human powered outdoor adventures.
- Captivating photography that immerses the reader in the place you describe in your article.
- Article length: 2,000-4,000 words
2. REWILD IMPACT
Rewild Impact features adventure travel companies or organizations from around the world that have developed a local economy (i.e. business that creates jobs and makes a profit) providing adventure experiences for visitors and securing the protection of the environment/wildlife in the area.
What we’re looking for:
- Stories that showcase how has adventure ecotourism contributed to conservation in a particular part of the world.
- How adventure tourism raised awareness and prevented environmental damage, loss of habitat, species extinction, etc.
- How has ecotourism reduced poverty, protected the environment and boosted the local economy?
- What actions can outdoor enthusiasts take to contribute to positive outcomes for wildlife, environment and local people?
- Article length: 1,500 – 3,000 words
SUBMIT YOUR PITCH