Are you the kind of person who loves going hiking and sharing your knowledge with others? Do you want to do meaningful work that allows you to combine your passion for video and the outdoors? If so, we’ve got a project for you.
We are looking for a skilled Video Producer to create a video course about hiking.
You will work with a fun and supportive team of people who share your passion for the outdoors. This is a one-time project (6-8 weeks) with the possibility of joining The Adventure Junkies’ team afterwards.
ABOUT THE ADVENTURE JUNKIES
We believe that when you venture beyond the comforts of your everyday existence and into the wild places of our world, you don’t come back the same person. Our mission is to make the outdoors accessible to everyone in order to inspire people to value, understand and protect our planet’s ecosystems.
Our open digital resources gives people the tools they need to experience nature in powerful ways. Whether they are hiking through a forest or exploring the depths of the ocean, we’re here to help make it possible.
- Create a video course about “Trip Planning” for hiking. You will need to shoot and edit all the videos by yourself.
- The course will have 11 videos and each video will be 3-4 minutes long.
- The content to cover in each video will be provided. You will be given the topics and the ideas (bullet points) to cover, but you will need to use your own words to explain each point.
- You will need to provide all the equipment needed for this project.
- The videos won’t need to include high tech, fancy, eye-catching visuals. We are looking for a more simplified video including a streamlined static-shot for most of them, where how the content is structured and explained is more important.
- The timeline to complete the project is 6-8 weeks.
- Previous experience producing (filming & editing) videos on your own.
- Good knowledge and experience about hiking and backpacking.
- Being comfortable in front and behind the camera.
- Personal computer, camera gear and video editing software needed.
- Prior experience working remotely.
- High levels of autonomy and self-motivation.
- Fully remote. You can be based anywhere in the world.
- Independent Contractor Contract for 6-8 weeks.
- Pay Rate: 5,000.00 USD for the complete project.
At The Adventure Junkies, we hire based on our values system. Please read them over before you apply to see if we’re on the same page.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work at, please click the link below and fill out the application.
**Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not be able to respond to each unsuccessful application. If you have been chosen for the next stage of the hiring process, you will be contacted within two weeks of submitting your application. Thanks for your understanding.